Thursday, November 17, 2005

 

A Day In The Life

Yesterday was a weird day. I'm at that odd point where I'm coming out of a depression, but I'm not quite there yet. I cried for a long time over a song I heard on the radio. Come on; get over it.

I didn't get as much done as I needed to, but that's always in my life. I'm stuck on an asset valuation paper for my accounting class, and it's killing me. Accounting's killing me. The work isn't difficult. It's mainly jargon and seeing how an entire profession of people has taken a simple concept (assets vs. liabilities and equity) and made it overly complex. The whole discipline seems that way, and then they wonder why they have a bad reputation.

Anyway, I have some leads on writing jobs but nothing exciting. We got something to eat and went to the grocery store last night. Yes, we're officially parents - and middle class. Jayden's bill was $44 of the $50 we spent. He needed wipes, diapers, food, and a new hat. We got him a little snow hat. Watching him try it on was hysterical. It fastens under his chin, and he kept trying to pull it off his head. He was pissed at us. Oh, well, it won't be the last time he gets mad at us for being parents.

I got out a giant box of things we have saved for the future scrapbook project, which will take up all of our retirement. It was fun to look through everything. It reminded me of someone I used to be - someone who has gotten lost in life. Ah, enough of that...my coffee's ready.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?