Friday, November 11, 2005

 

Glad Yesterday's Over

Yesterday was not a great day. I had my other ultrasounds. My GYN told me everything looks great. I have to go back in three months because high blood pressure and birth control aren't a good combination. Still I'm not even at the point of treating my high blood pressure yet.

We have made some changes - slow and steady. It's all I can do right now. I've changed to sweetener instead of sugar in my coffee. I'm drinking diet soft drinks and trying to cut down on them altogether. We've stopped eating beef. Instead we're using tofu and ground turkey. When I went to the doctor Wednesday, I'd lost 7 pounds since I saw a doctor on October 21. You're only supposed to lose 1 1/2 to 2 pounds per week, so I'm losing a little too quickly. Still, I haven't made any significant changes, so I'm not going to try to stop it.

Brian's making gourmet waffles this morning for us, and then we're going out. He's home today because it's Veterans Day. I hope in 2-3 years, he can be home with us everyday. That's the plan anyway. So after the waffles, we're going to check out the sales at the stores. We're not buying anything, mind you, we're just looking. Plus, I'm supposed to walk for 30 minutes everyday. I know the shopping and walking won't be fast enough, but it's better than nothing.

We had to pay bills yesterday, and I realized that we don't have as much extra money as I'd thought. It's depressing. We really try to keep our cost of living the same when we bring in more money, but I guess we're not doing as good of a job as I'd thought. I told Brian that we have to push to get debt paid down. We have one big account that will be with us for a while, but we agreed that we're going to pull out all the stops until we've paid off everything else. That will free us up to move toward Brian working from home, too. Right now, it's just too unstable for us to do that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?