Tuesday, November 15, 2005

 

Insurance Companies and Career Plans

I got so angry yesterday. I have been seeing a therapist for what has been a years-long episode of depression. They think I'm OCD or have some other issue, but I know that I don't. Anyway, the point is that they're really bad about filing my insurance. They just filed a visit from 8 weeks ago (my first one), and my insurance company applied it against our deductible. We have this weird deductible that doesn't apply to all visits - only some. I'm not really sure which ones and how to tell, but I had to cancel this week's appointment. I paid $15 when I was there. Now they're wanting $85 additional per visit for four visits. That's a lot of money to come up with quickly - for us, anyway - and especially when we didn't plan for it because the insurance company told me it was covered but neglected to mention that it's one of the 3 appointments that count against our deductible. Arg. I'm just pissed about the whole thing.

Last night I started looking at other writing jobs. The FBI hires writers. Who knew? I mean, it makes sense now that I think about it, but I'd never realized it before. They pay pretty well, too, at least for writers. We're accustomed to being underpaid. I have to find out what it is I'm supposed to do. This whole web writing gig just won't work long-term.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?