Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

An Article and Goals

I sold an article yesterday! I sent in an article on spec (which basically means I had to write it first), and they accepted it!

It's a small magazine called the WC. They're going to publish my article in April. In addition to the monetary payment, I get a free subscription to the magazine, which is great for me. Now I don't have to worry about buying it. Plus, I was planning to order a subscription anyway, so it all works out.

I want to put my March goals here so that I can follow them throughout the month. It helps to put them in a public place even if I'm sure not many people read the blog. It will help me.

I have a ton of projects going at the same time because to make a full-time living as a writer, diversification is necessary. This year, my main goal is to increase the number of income streams I have coming in.


Blogging -
* Have 20 articles written for the One Serious WAHM blog.
* Get AdSense on that blog.
* Go through Gayla's course on making money with blogs.

Adapt -
* Write $500 worth of articles.

Other Content Writing -
* Make $25 with other content writing.
* Write 5 articles for Associated Content and Constant Content.

Keyword Cafe -
* Write $300 worth of articles.

Books -
* Write my submission to WAHM Lessons.
* Complete 100 of the tips for book on college life.
* Have at least 5 submissions for WAHM Lessons.

Magazine Writing -
* Send out 10 print magazine queries.
* Complete math article to submit on spec.

Online Feature Writing -
* Complete one article to submit on spec.
* Query 10 online magazines.

Writing-Related Projects
* Complete grocery and meal-planning workbook and put it on sale.
* Contact 3 people about promotions for workbook.
* Write 2 promotional articles for workbook.
* Find an artist for the commemorative birth announcement.

Booklets -
* Write 2 additional promotional articles for The Basics of Web Writing.
* Start a small AdWords campaign on web writing.
* Complete 101 Ways to Make Money From Home and put up for sale.
* Write 2 promotional articles for 101 Ways to Make Money From Home.

Websites -
* Have 25 reviews completed for feminist site.
* Have 30 articles written for The WAHP.

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about my monthly goals. Now that I'm feeling better, I'm ready to jump in and really get moving!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?