Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

Poker

We're hosting a poker game this weekend. Brian's check got mailed yesterday. I'm glad that for once, he was willing to push it enough that he will be getting his money. They're put out that he wanted the money now, but we're talking about $4200 before taxes. They sent it priority mail yesterday.

So anyway we're hosting a poker game. There will be 12 people here total, which is way more people than I'm comfortable having over. We have to get the house all spruced up. We'll put the cats away and make some potpourri.

I'm not sure how it's going to go with Jayden, but we'll see. I hope that he'll go to sleep, but I have a feeling that he'll want to stay up all night with everyone.

Brian really wanted to do this, so I agreed. I know that you have to make compromises, and I don't mind doing something for him when it's a big deal to him. He's far more social than I am, and I try to keep that in mind. It's lucky for me that he doesn't ask me to go out in crowds more often because I can't do it very much. Even going to the mall makes me uncomfortable.

You wouldn't think that given how large my family is, but I just feel weird around groups of people. I'm very unsure of myself, and I just don't really know how to be in social settings.

I'm sure the poker will be fine. We're going to make a few appetizers and such - nothing fancy. We'll have to move things around in the living room to make room for that many people to play. Plus we have to get more poker chips and I guess get some change. It's only a $10 buy-in - we're high-rollers obviously. They do $.20 bets, so we need a bunch of chips.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?