Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

House Hunting

We've looked at a number of houses already. We have one that I was ready to make an offer on, but we're waiting until after this weekend. Basically, we think the asking price is really low on the house because we've looked at several other houses in the neighborhood. I wanted to make an offer yesterday because it has everything we need and is much larger than we thought we could afford. But...it's a for sale by owner, which means we can't use a realtor. We already have a realtor, so she called to set up some arrangement where she's representing us but on a scaled-down version. I don't understand the specifics beyond that it means she's involved now.

So, today we went to look at the house again. Our realtor kept asking us if we were sure. I was, but then Brian started hedging a little. He thinks I'm too impulsive, but I think he's too cautious. I'm afraid the house is going to be gone if we wait. So over dinner, I asked him if we kept looking, what would we be looking for? If we think this house is The One (and we do), then why wait?

We went through some listings Donna gave us, and we're going to look at 5 more houses this weekend. We agreed that if we still like this house the best, then we'll go ahead and make an offer on this one this weekend.

Of course, we don't have the financing yet, so that's an entirely different can of worms. We've filled out everything and provided everything, so we're waiting on the decision. That should come sometime next week.

=
In other major news in our lives, I'm now 13 weeks pregnant. I'm having an ultrasound next Monday, so we'll get to see the first picture of the baby. l don't think I'm gaining any weight yet, though I can tell that my weight's shifted. I switched doctors, so I just saw the new doctor this week. We'll be having the baby at Baptist Hospital in Lexington. He threw in another kink and said that since Jayden was transverse, he needs the hospital dictation from the c-section. He said that they may have had to make a lateral cut, so a VBAC may not be an option at all. I sent for the records, so we'll see.

=
I'm going back to copywriting. Well, it's a little different, but basically I'm going back to it from my fiction. We've decided that with buying a house and needing some stuff for the baby, we're going to need a good bit of extra money. We decided that it would be better for me to pursue local clients - mainly web design firms - for writing. I can make more per hour, and I have more control over the projects I'm taking.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?