Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Mortgage & Writing

We had a meeting with Donna tonight. We went over the basics of the mortgage contract and how everything proceeds from here. Because the owners of the house we're considering starting painting the sunroom, we're going to see the house again before we make an offer. Of course, Brian wants to check out the basement again so that he can begin planning the layout.

I think we have a good starting price based on the house's last appraisal and that we're in a good position to negotiate. Donna said that we can do the contract tomorrow night and then give them 24 hours from Thursday morning to make some kind of decision - either accept the contract as is or try to negotiate parts of it. Then we're hoping to have some kind of decision by Friday night. Then we'd start the loan closing process - scary!

I started working on writing again today. I applied for about 12 freelance gigs, and I'm looking into doing some writing for some people I haven't written for in a while. Once we make a decision on a house or get to that point in the process, we're going to have to set out a budget for buying furniture, decorations, and the basement renovation. That's going to determine in large part how much I'm working over the next few months. I anticipate needing to take a few weeks off when this baby's born since I'll have a 2-year-old and a newborn, so I need to make as much money as I can between now and January.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?